Tuesday, May 7, 2013

MAKING WHOOPIE...PIES


Last weekend we were invited to a friend's house for dinner and I offered to bring dessert -- I decided to try the good old whoopie pie because they look so ridiculously delicious every time I see them it's almost painful to look away...and they were.

Here's how it went:

I cheated and used a box of cake mix for the chocolate part - The truth is I love boxed cake, it always has the perfect texture of light and moist and the taste can not be beat.  

I baked the little sandwich halves in a muffin pan, pouring only enough to cover the bottom of the shape. This way, all my halves would be the same size. I first tried pouring a teaspoon out onto a cookie tin but the shapes and sizes were all so crazy and different when they came out of the oven.

Next I made the filling -- 

1 1/2 cups of marshmallow fluff (I've been craving this stuff since I got pregnant, great excuse to buy it!)
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick of butter 

After the filling is complete, you simply make your sandwiches and serve! Also very easy to transport :)

No comments:

Post a Comment