Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sand Impressions

I am always so intrigued when I come across other young women entrepreneurs, especially when their focus is the beach! I always want to know where they are from, and what motivated them to go out on their own and follow thier passion. You can imagine how happy I was when Nicole introduced herself to me via email with this attached photo:


I am thrilled that Nicole has become a sponsor of Shorely Chic and even more to introduce her unique and fun artwork to all of you. Valentine's Day is right around the corner and what a better way to surprise your friends with an impression on the sand!
Nicole was so sweet to feed into my curiousity and take the time to answer these questions below regarding her business and how she got started:

Q: Where did the idea come from to offer writings in the sand?

A: Whenever I would visit a new beach on vacation, I would write the name of the beach in the sand, take a picture of it and use that photo in the photo album to, sort of , label where I visited. About a year and half ago, I was trying to figure out what to give my childhood friend for her wedding gift. I decided to take some photographs of the beach where we spent most of our youth and if any turned out, I was going to blow it up and frame it. While I was at the beach, I got the idea to write my friend and her now husband's names and wedding date in the sand. I continued to make these photographs for other friend's weddings and got such great responses, that I decided to list them on Etsy.

Q: What are your most popular requests?

A: My most popular requests are writings with the bride and groom's name and wedding date. Some customers buy these as wedding gifts and other customers buy them to use at their own wedding.

Q: What are the most creative ways you've seen people use your work?

A: I alway love it when customers send me pictures showing what they did with their "Sand Impression". I LOVE the save the dates that bride-to-be, Noelle, made using the JPG image that she purchased. The colors are gorgeous! (I have attached a photo of this)

Q: Do you see your business growing in the future, if so, how and where would like it to grow?

A: I definitely see my business growing in the future. If you asked me a year ago what I would be doing now, I never would have guessed that I would have my own business selling beach writing photographs, let alone, having success at it. I have written out a whole list of business goals that I'd like to accomplish in the next year, one of which includes getting my work into some local shops in Hermosa Beach.







Check out more of her work here: leftbeachfotos and she's on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/leftbeachfotos

Thanks, Nicole - so happy to have you :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I just love those sand impressions! What a great idea - for so many different occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great business idea! For my daughter's beach wedding, we used the bride and groom's beach initials as part of a photo montage, but not everyone has access to a beach ahead of time to do that. And, of course, I can think of a million other ways the service could come in handy.
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! And how easy to do lol. Beautiful:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos. I love the song! This page is so soothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, I'm so excited more and more people are discovering your passion.

    ReplyDelete