Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunshine on my Shoulders Makes me Happy :)

I love the sun so much, a little too much as apparent by the freckles on my face, but I just need it, I do! As soon as I wake up in the morning, I can't wait to lift the shade to see how sunny it is and open all the windows to let it all in before heading out the door to work :) As soon as I get into my office, I start thinking about my lunch break and being outside in the nice weather and what I can squeeze in for Shorely Chic in that one hour (not sure if all of you know but I do work a fulltime job as an HR Generalist doing a bit of everything - benefits, recruiting, misc. admin, etc...).

Today for instance, I dashed home to sit on my porch and take in the sun - I put on Jack Johnson and just sat there for a few minutes - it was so refreshing and made me feel so good! Actually I also managed to take a trip to a favorite thrift in town, made a sandwich, and packaged up a frame to be sent to a customer - don't ask how I fit all that in in under an hour.

Then it's back to work for a few hours, and out at 5:00 to enjoy this sunny St. Patrick's Day evening :) Brian and I are headed to my parents' house for some corned beef and cabbage, and Irish soda bread - yummmyyyy.


here is me enjoying the sun in my favorite city in the world!! can you guess where?

10 comments:

  1. Is that the roof of the Uffizzi in Florence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an admirable work ethic and its amazing how you make time for your passion --- Shorely Chic!
    i know you'll go places soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is the most relaxing thing I have seen all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo!!!
    I too am guessing somewhere in Italy?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly wish I had your energy. What you do in an hour would take me 3-4 times as long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Florence! I studied there during college and met my best friends - nine girls in one apartment right on the Arno river - it stole my heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! New to your blog...not to far from you, just over the border, the border of New Canaan, CT, we are in Pound Ridge, NY...love your blog! (love the sun and Jack Johnson too!) Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and LOVE it! I spent a summer in Rowayton and worked for a design firm there...small world. That little thrift shop on Darien's main drag is one of my all time favorites...always made random fantastic finds there. So glad to have found your darling blog! XO Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post... you are quite a dynamo!!
    That photo of you and your mates is the best!!!
    Happy St. Patty's!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wholeheartedly agree! I'm a much happier person to be around on sunny days...I'm already working on how I can persuade my boss to let me work outside on a laptop when summer hits!

    ReplyDelete