Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lemon and Zucchini Ribbon Pasta

I get the Everyday Food emails to my inbox with quick recipes to whip up during the week. I love these emails because even though I rarely ever take an exact recipe and make it that very night, it gets the juices flowing about dinner. The other day some sort of lemon zucchini concoction popped up and thought I would try something like it.

I went to the grocery store and picked up ribbon pasta, lemon, and zucchini. We always keep parmesan in the house so we were all set with that. {PS I literally go to the grocery store everyday because I'm a horrible meal planner - something needs that change with that because I dread it!}

So here's there recipe:

Take three zucchini and cut them into 1/4" slices. Throw them all into a saute pan with a healthy amount of olive oil. In the meantime bring your pasta water to a boil and pop in your pasta for cooking. 

Let the zucchini get nice and translucent and even browned a tad. Add the juices of one whole lemon. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and place it into the pan with the zucchini. Stir it all around and add A LOT of parmesan{I'm talking like cup your hands together and fill it with parm}. Brian and I use the block and grate it ourselves which I think makes a huge difference than the pre-grated. 

If you would like sprinkle a little more fresh parm on top, salt and pepper to taste, and Brian added crushed red pepper flakes. 

Here was my instagram (I'm Shorely Chic!) of the dish:


It was soooo good and soooo easy - try it! 

2 comments: