Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WHAT I MADE LAST NIGHT

I made this molto healthy and super easy recipe last night night and Brian and I thought it was so good I had to share. Before I left work, I did a search for psta fagioli and came upon this winner:


  • 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes




  • 2 (14 ounce) cans great cannelini beans, undrained




  • 1 (14 ounce) can chopped spinach, drained




  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth




  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce




  • 3 cups water




  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic




  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley




  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt




  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper




  • handful of fresh basil




  • 1/2 pound dittalini




  • I have committed myself to eating no processed foods before the wedding and I am hoping that though there were a lot of canned ingredients in here, I did OK, minus the pasta. I'm sure using everything fresh would make this much better, but for a weekday dinner it ain't too shabby. Paired with a glass of sauvignon blanc and a multigrain baguette, delicioso!

    3 comments:

    1. yum! Never had it with spinach which I love so will give it a go!

      ReplyDelete
    2. mmm! and yay to the wine and baguette! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. One of my most favorite recipes. Perfect with a hot loaf of hot garlic bread.

      ReplyDelete