Monday, July 11, 2011

Nautical Boys Bathroom

One of my very dear friends recently purchased a beautiful home on the beach and her first project is her sweet boys bathroom. We want to make it nautical without being, "themey" so lots of blues and whites and interesting and real elements like oars, porthole windows, beadboarding,  etc...

Not nautical but I pulled this image because I LOVE the walls. Not sure if these walls will be used in the bathroom, but shorely in another area!

This was the inspiration photo my friend initially pulled. We like the beadboard on the ceiling and top third for the walls

How cool is this antique bucket, would LOVE to see that happen but for practicality purposes, it may not be in the cards...

baskets with towels are always the perfect touch

yumminess... These sinks are perfect. I love the wood countertops with the nice round sink basins sitting on top with the faucets coming out of the walls. I would like to see the wood extended and made more of a countertop. 


again with the clean lines and wood on white, unexpected and maybe a little modern looking for a nautical boys bathroom, but I think it will work perfectly!

I pulled this for the oars which we have to fit in somewhere. Maybe even just leaning on the wall like this.

OK, the stripes - I can't get them out of my mind. Not sure we should tile the walls or stripe them. What do YOU think?



I got it! We subway tile the walls with about an 8-inch row of the blue glass tiles that are being used for the shower in the center and on the top and beadboard the ceiling in one of the blues from the tile. 

So wooden vanity with round sinks sitting on top, faucets coming out of the wall, subway tiled wall (or stripes??) and beadboard ceiling? 

sidenote::
In my research, I found this gem. How amazing!?

6 comments:

  1. OH my....I love all of your inspiration photos!!! Of course....my favorite is the last one! Completely not practical but just so darn happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for the classic subway tile with an interesting edging. Especially if it's blue edging. Maybe a chippy, rustic oar or paddle. Lots of white towels and some porthole mirrors. Beachy perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful! I must buy that basket with the towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bucket sink is so unique and the mirror in 6th picture is very classy! Love all of the inspirations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme! Love all the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete