Wednesday, October 3, 2012

ON MY NIGHTSTAND - GIFT FROM THE SEA

Morning y'all! I thought I'd share the peaceful reading I'm doing at night these days to help unwind after our crazy long days -- It's Gift from the Sea and it's been hanging around looking pretty with it's turquoise cover in our home for years, and for the first time I picked it up to actually read it


I'm only through with the first chapter entitled "The Beach" and fell in love. It's worth reading these next few preview pages so if you can take a break with whatever you're working on at the moment, give these pretty words a moment:




It's beautifully written and I can't wait to continue reading! 

you can buy it at your local book shop or here at Target!

Oh, and I definitely recommend getting this book in the flesh and not on a kindle, it'll be one you'll treasure and pick up again and again...

12 comments:

  1. sounds like a fab read! I already am craving an escape to the nearest beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went online to purchase the book! I need to have it on my night table. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An all time classic beautifully written starring sea shells found on a beach! This story has stood the test of time and will be enjoyed by women of many generations to come. And a lovely gift to give, as well. Continue to enjoy your reading into Anne Lindbergs personal world of escape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the excerpt! Sounds like a great book. I'm adding it to my reading list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so lovely! I just ordered the hardbook off Amazon and it was just over $12 including shipping:) Can't wait to read it! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! Just read the whole selection out loud to my boyfriend and his reaction was my exact thought, "now I really want to be at the beach." Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book years ago and Sanibel Island is my favorite place to go. The book is timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read that book over the summer and thought it was so beautifully written. It forced me to just sit, relax and be aware...so peaceful.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will pick this book up, I think it sounds like a great read. Also, just wanted to say, I love your blog, the content and layout is perfect. Have a great weekend!

    http://kristinpeakeinteriors.blogspot.com/

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my night stand too. It is a great book. Her grandaughter signed a copy for me when they released the 50th anniversity edition. She did a book signing on Captiva Island Florida where her grandma wrote the book. I am a shelling guide out of Captiva and have given that book to many of my clients. (I was in between charters and had a short lunch break and ran down the street to have her sign the book. It was very cool)I used one of her quotes in my christmas blog, you can check it out on my blog. That same quote will be on my headstone. Thanks for doing a blog on a special lady and great book. Capt. Brian Holaway Captiva Island Florida

    ReplyDelete