Monday, August 30, 2010

A Shorely Chic Wedding!

This past weekend was the wedding of one of my favorite friends from college. We lived a house away at the beach (all the seniors at my college, Fairfield University, lived in these little bungalows on the beach senior year), studied abroad together in Florence where we drank chianti and ate the best food of our lives everyday, AND lived in NYC together after college (sharing a one bedroom if you can believe that)!

Her wedding was nothing less than what I would expect of a girl with her style and class, simply gorgeous down to every last detail and she and her mom planned the entire event themselves and DIY all the way through! 

The wedding was held at the Bonnet Estate on LBI, New Jersey and boy did we have a ball!

 
obsessed with these place cards
 
refreshments in front of the barn where the ceremony took place - iced tea and lemonade which I combined to make my favorite, Arnie Palmer :)
 
the most rustic beach little abode perfect for Lauren and Sammy to tie the knot in
 
the beautiful bride in her suite before the ceremony
and the most gorgeous couple I could imagine!
Congratulations, Lauren and Sammy!!

15 comments:

  1. Looks fabulously fun! Love all the beachy details>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic wedding. I love the place cards too and the picture of them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! This made me so happy to see! I love beach weddings. Loved their place cards.. we're doing the same! This wedding got me really excited for ours. I love everything... and especially loved their attention to the details. Beautiful couple! Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wedding! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite the shorely chic wedding! Everything looks fabulous! As a wedding photographer, I appreciate all of the fabulous details your friends planned for the wedding. It looked like a beautifully fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so pretty.....i love all the special little details....and the venue was lovely! looks like the perfect start to a life spent together!
    xo.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing event! Congrats to your beautiful and stylish friend! I have been going down to LBI for decades and I have never seen this place, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great spot..., the intimate ambiance is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place to be married. Amazing attention to detail and of course the marine theme really made it special and intimate to them. I loved the relaxed yet totally stylish feel. I bet you had a ball. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the classy elegance of this wedding...so simply stated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. With a beautiful and creative start to their marraige....Lauren and Sammy are off to a fantastic start!
    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree....the place cards are so adorable. The entire affair looks very stylish and beachy. I love the mason jar drinks and it's the details that make an event/wedding such as this so special, and of course the beautiful couple. Sounds like a great party and well done post. xo tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you love LBI? It's a nice time of year to be down there because all of the summer people are gone! :)
    My sis did the same place cards for her wedding this past weekend but her colors were blue and brown so she tied them with a really pretty raffia. loved them.

    ReplyDelete