Thursday, August 22, 2013

OVEN BAKED SPANISH STYLE TORTILLA

Hellooo Lovelies! I am SO enjoying maternity leave and playing housewife/mom -- wait, I guess I'm not really "playing" anymore, am I?

The other day I was in a total slump about what to make for dinner when I decided to browse through my mother's issue of Women's Day. It's not a magazine I would have thought about subscribing to because I guess it doesn't seem "young and hip" enough but I actually LOVED it and am thrilled to have something new in my monthly line-up! It's very budget-friendly and has lots of amazing recipes, fashion tips, house-keeping strategies, etc...

So with a baby at home and not wanting to go to the grocery store for ingredients, I decided to try an adapted version of the spanish tortilla in the latest issue:


What you need: 


  • 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, plus more for the dish
  •  Roasted fingerling potatoes (I had some leftover) but any cooked version of potatoes would do
  •  Salt & Pepper
  •  Scallions ( I didn't have these but they would be great)
  •  1 zucchini
  •  1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
  •  1 teaspoon(s) (or up to 3 teaspoons) crushed red pepper flakes
  •  10 large eggs
  •  1 cup(s) sour cream
  •  6 ounce(s) extra-sharp Cheddar, coarsely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
  •  1/2 cup(s) (about 2 ounces) grated Parmesan


  • What you do: 

    1. Saute the zucchini in a pan with the salt, garlic and red pepper flakes 
    2. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, cheeses, scallions, salt & pepper
    3. Once the zucchini is tender, add your cooked potatoes to the pan and gently toss to evenly warm
    4. In a greased casserole or pie dish, add your zucchini and potatoes and pour the egg mixture on top
    5. Bake at 375 for approximately 35-40 minutes until the top is puffed and browned

    Serve with mixed greens and rustic bread for a delicious dinner! 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment