Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap and New Finds!

I hope you all had a happy, relaxing, and peaceful holiday this year. Amidst all of the craziness that is Christmas (40 people on Christmas Eve at my parents’ house!), I love those little moments when you block out the noise and commotion and look at the smiles on your loved ones faces and realize how lucky you are to have so much love and joy surrounding you. It goes by so fast doesn’t it?? All the excitement and holiday cheer, and then poof! It’s over… At least we have New Years and a few days off to look forward to!

Brian got me a beautiful gold starfish necklace with little diamonds on it for Christmas, I nearly cried when I saw it, so pretty. He said he got it for me because he was so proud of all I have done with starting Shorely Chic – he is the best. I got him a J.Crew peacoat in navy, he loved it!

Once Christmas was over, I took the day on Saturday to shop and decided not to go with the crowds, but rather at thrift stores and consignment shops where there were no lines! I found so many adorable items, mostly glassware and a few other antique pieces. I have been working on getting them all photographed for my Etsy shop. I use a Canon Powershot, which has been great so far but I think I’m going to invest in one of those big old cameras with the long lenses soon, they look so cool!

Here are some photos of my new finds:


Have a great night!

4 comments: