Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Dream Front Door

I'm kind of obsessed with turquoise and aqua front doors lately and have promised myself that as soon as Brian and I buy our first home, it will be the first thing I do, followed by installing a seashell brass knocker.

I do love Benjamin Moore's color of the year, Wythe Blue, and think it is a top runner for me:


It looks a little green here but in person it's the perfect subtle shade of aqua for a New England coastal front door.

Source: Unknown

Source: A Design Story

Source: House of Turquoise

Coastal Living

Coastal Living

unknown

unknown

unknown

unknown
and for my knocker: 
source

So what about you, what's your dream front door like?

8 comments:

  1. Amazing color and inspirations! You're right, so perfect for a New England coastal home. I would love that down the shore. In the NYC area, it might be a little much (haha!). I've always liked a classic black door on a white/beige house, but I've been seeing so many great colors on doors lately that I think I'm converting!
    Great post, good luck with the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! You MUST!! I vote for Wythe Blue. That's what was used on the 102 door above (my dream door) and I LOVE it! Would be perfect with that adorable knocker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wythe Blue is a great color and of course the seahorse goes perfect.
    We have an arched front door in sort of a old looking teal color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you happen to know where I can find a similar mirror to the one you have in the picture labeled "A Design Story"?

    Thanks,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! I've seen similar ones at Z Gallerie. But if you head on over to the blog, adesignstory.com, where I found the photo, they might be able to help you more. I will also keep you in mind if I see anything like it :)

      Liz

      Delete
    2. I will check those suggestions out! Thanks Liz!

      Delete
  5. Love the Wythe Blue and its my dream front door color! Love your taste, Liz.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I think I have to pin every one of these photos. We have been needing an entryway makeover. We're in South Florida so I think an aqua front door may be just what we need. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete